Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wisdom Hunting

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me."  (Proverbs 8:17).  That's wisdom talking.  Those who seek wisdom will find her.  Those who don't, won't!  Again and again in the Bible, this same truth is uncovered... like a precious jewel found deep in the ground.  Wisdom doesn't just show up.  Wisdom needs to be sought after... HUNTED, as I said on Sunday.  Are you a WISDOM HUNTER?  


I added the picture here of the Jordan River.  In Jesus' day, people flocked to this region to get a glimpse of Jesus and hear His amazing words of life.  We're still following after the Lord to find the wisdom He promises for living.


Together as a church on Sunday we pondered the question, In what area of your life do you need wisdom from God?  I thought it might be a meaningful activity to share with one another in this blog some of the ways in which we are seeking God's wisdom... or areas of our lives that we need God's direction.  Please feel free to post a comment about your wisdom hunting endeavors.

7 comments:

Annie Willems said...

Oh the joys of parenting teenagers! I need wisdom daily as I work to raise my kids. (and I also need forgiveness as I realize that the "wisdom" that I do have in this area comes from the knowledge of how horrible I was at that age!)

Bobby Van Kleek said...

Right now I am seeking God's wisdom in what the next step I need to take for a Youth activity I am planning. The details for this trip were working out nicely but they've taken a different direction and I am not sure what to do next.

Cristy VanKleek said...

I have always asked God what to do daily - as In, "I have an hour of free time - what should I do." It's a time I write down my 2 do list of the day. Sometimes I get things done other times I don't. I just have to remember that as a home maker - usually tasks will wait. I am learning to enjoy family more and live :-)

Todd Brumfield said...

I have been sensing God's direction in providing better leadership in my work place. I pray frequently for His wisdom, guidance, and understanding as I search out and lay down the plan for our organization. My hope is for a better team, a caring team, and a commitment to service. I will need plenty of help from God! His Word provides direction and truth. We just need to listen!

Matt Torres said...

I look for wisdom for my general life direction, family relationships, and work life.
P.S. - Marcus, thanks for making the blog.

Pastor Marcus said...

You're welcome, Matt. It's always my pleasure to interact about the Lord.

Rich said...

I have found myself thinking a lot about the subject of wisdom lately and praying for it in many aspects of my life. Funny thing is that you don't always recognize wisdom in the moment, but looking in retrospect you see God's hand and provision for that time.
Rich Abrams